Просмотр одиночного сообщения
Old 15-09-2009, 03:19   #41
ErkkiAntero

Проживание:
Цитата:
Сообщение от Foreigner
Yes, I kind of understand. But maybe you mean the phobia of Russians from Estonia? According to some Estonian statisctics Estonian citizens of Russian background are the more likely candidates for a place in prison.

I did not mean that though that would actually be a good question to ask, what is the background of the Estonian criminals. Though in this chain such questions were not asked, but kind of assumed that they are Estonian. Isn't it actually so that a Russian could consider Russian speaking population in any country Russians, "nashi". And, of course, they donot like to think that the criminals are of Russian origin.

Yes, I agree it may be a question of competition betwen different groups of migrants. Russians have the need to prove that all the other migrant groups (Somali's, Estonians ... ) are bad for Finland but Russians instead are good. I stated that we cannot come to such conclusions reading the articles that the guys provided in the links. Those articles told about statistics according to which most of the foreigners that are suspected of a crime in Finland have Estonian citizenship. Numer two in statistic are Russian citizens. And then in an article was told that most of the crimes are pilferage. And based on such data, the opener of the topic proclaims that Estonian criminals are a big and serious threat to Finland.

I state that even though most Russians in Finland are nice and peaceful people (even though #2 in criminal stats), they still may pose a much bigger and more serious threat to Finland by just having a Russian citizenship and speaking Russian. That is because of the Kremlin policy that is getting confirmed by the new Russian law, according to which the Russian army, without getting specific permission from the government, has the right to cross the Russian border and go defend Russian citizens abroad. Everyone knows that Estonia is one of the first countries being under the threat of being occupied by the Russian army (again). And Finland is too, it really is a serious risk and threat to have any Russian citizens living in Finland (or other EU countries). I think, even though theoretical at the moment, this problem still should be taken at least as seriously as the pilferages committed by Estonian. And actually, when we think about crime, it does not matter what nationality the criminal is, we should stop ANYONE committing crimes. Using statistics as a weapon agains a group of people is very unfounded. Citizenship does not have anything to do with it, instead in my example it can be a very crucial factor. But still I think we should not use it against nice and peaceful individual citizens but the problems should be solved in the political level.