Просмотр одиночного сообщения
Old 15-09-2009, 13:18   #44
Foreigner

Проживание: Ühendkuningriik
Цитата:
Сообщение от ErkkiAntero
I state that even though most Russians in Finland are nice and peaceful people (even though #2 in criminal stats), they still may pose a much bigger and more serious threat to Finland by just having a Russian citizenship and speaking Russian. That is because of the Kremlin policy that is getting confirmed by the new Russian law, according to which the Russian army, without getting specific permission from the government, has the right to cross the Russian border and go defend Russian citizens abroad. Everyone knows that Estonia is one of the first countries being under the threat of being occupied by the Russian army (again). And Finland is too, it really is a serious risk and threat to have any Russian citizens living in Finland (or other EU countries). I think, even though theoretical at the moment, this problem still should be taken at least as seriously as the pilferages committed by Estonian. And actually, when we think about crime, it does not matter what nationality the criminal is, we should stop ANYONE committing crimes. Using statistics as a weapon agains a group of people is very unfounded. Citizenship does not have anything to do with it, instead in my example it can be a very crucial factor. But still I think we should not use it against nice and peaceful individual citizens but the problems should be solved in the political level.
And lastly, yes, I have heard about the law that allows Russian military forces to intervene to protect its citizens no matter where they are, but this does not mean that Russia will invade Finland or Estonia. In my opinion this is a clearly unfounded Russopfobic notions. Of course in theory you could imagine such a thing, but then it just shows the clear anti-Russia sentiment. I mean you would not imagine the US and Britain to do such a thing even though this is exactly what they have done by starting a pre-emtive strike on Iraq and Afganistan, yet all Russia is saying is that it reserves the right to protect its citizens should there be a need to do so. Of course if Estonia or Finland starts genocide of etnnic Russians or Russian citizens then a military intervention would be justified, just as the US and NATO justified its intervention in Balkans to protect Albanians even though the latter were not even US citizens. So I believe Russia, now an independent state, is being demonised in the same way the Soviet Union was in the past. I think it is time to get over the cold war mentality and accept Russia as long-term strategic partner of the EU. I know there are a lot of differences, but it is important not to alienate Russia.